Like the saddle? Or the messy desk? Or both? Nonetheless, the saddle came in one week! I was anticipating two to three weeks like the confirmation email had said. Go horse.com!
- Wintec 500 Dressage (not the Pro version... this one lacks the unsightly and dysfunctional thigh blocks)
- Black (obviously.... cuz it's a dressage saddle, right? Though I've seen brown ones that look pretty snazzy)
- 18" seat for my long legs. And the seat itself is deep but not huge and the leg panels are nice and long, which is perfect.
- Easy change gullet system... comes with medium and hopefully that will work. If not, I have a feeling a medium wide will work. This is a great idea because it is much cheaper to get a different gullet than it is to get a whole new saddle or get it readjusted by a professional saddler (these are meant so you can open it, screw it in, and go actually ride on the saddle!)
- Synthetic! Easy to take care of.... and I didn't kill three cows........ and it still looks like leather. I don't like cows, but the thought of two or three for a petty saddle.... jeez!
- Downside: long billets! PLEASE don't tell me I have to get a new girth. Won't be a killer, but still :(
Greta had her spurt of "craziness" from the beginning of her heat cycle yesterday. Today she was a saint. I give credit to the raspberry leaves once a day only when she's in heat (does wonders for moody mares) and the fact that I'm used to her now. She's also used to where she is. Instructor says that she's also starting to trust me and get used to my crazy riding. Aww. I love you too, der Greters!
I'll be posting up pics and video tomorrow of the test ride. Hopefully all will go well!
I also want to post some actual stories soon. Maybe some more opinions. We'll see what comes up!