Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A note to the Weather God...

Dear Weather God,

I am in complete understanding of your cycles and I am in favor of the fact that Austin is not included in the current widespread State of the Union, which is starting to resemble something along the lines of an American Siberia. However, it is still cold and wet and sunless here, so it seems that my pony cannot go out and play, as is the case with her other pony friends, and she has really not been able to do so for a week now, and they are becoming terribly cranky and anxious, even with the unamusing entertainment I try to provide them, like walking them up and down the concrete aisles, and pretending to be a walrus with the icicles coming from my nose due to the freezing temperatures. It was all great fun at first, but alas, all good things must end, or at least cease to be amusing. I am not in favor of this. At all. I know there are such things as Rain Dances, and you seem to appreciate and respond to them, so do you respond well to Relatively Warm And Sunny Dances, too?

Sincerely,
Aphotic in Austin

11 comments:

  1. Amen, sister. My boys have been in too - trails are too wet to ride still. You know what we did today? I took them for a walk down the street and back. Like dogs, only much, much larger. It was fun, even if the neighbors laughed at me. Hey, I got a 1.5 mile walk in, and the boys got to see something other than the inside of their paddock. Win-win if you ask me.

    PS. Don't look at the weather forecast for the weekend. It's Not Encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. I was able to walk Greta up and down the driveway, and then I tackwalked her up and down it. Pushed my luck a bit by trotting her for 5 minutes in the iffy indoor (there were one or two sloshy patches because it rained horizontally! And the outdoor is still slop, as are the pastures) and realized that she could use the rest of the week off to make sure the leg is completely rested. I was able to ride my grandfather's horse Choco and get some more English skillz on her. I might have a lesson Saturday morning, if not on Greta then my instructor says I should try riding her TB hunter horse. I'll see how it goes, but hey, it's always good to ride other horses. I certainly learned that riding Choco (posting a smooth trot is hard, especailly when she's a slightly downhill western pleasure horse, so I'm also thrown forward and forcing myself to sit up straight). Greta has actually been taking it very well. Such a good girl :)

    A 1.5 mile walk sounds far more fun and it's always nice to get a good, long walk in!!! Give the boys a big hug for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my the joys of living in TX. Snow won't melt till prolly March, it won't get "warm" till April or later here and I know the ground won't thaw out till then. Completely J of texas! Even if it is cold there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're freezing at 30 right now.... we got it easy compared to the subzero temps some places are getting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops
    micheal is actually paige i promise your not being stalked by random people!!
    my friend forgot to sign out XP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I nominated you for an award :) Come get it at my blog, www.tbeventer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. BAHAHA Paige!!! I first saw it and I thought "Who on EARTH is Micheal?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Duke... I like to THINK I can dance. But I, alas, I cannot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, me either. In fact, I'm sure Greta has way more moves than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes please -- need summer weather now!

    There is an award waiting for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated and, most importantly, Greta loves you for commenting ♥

Thanks guys!