Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012 + SNL War Horse skit

I have a philosophy that you don't need a new year to change how you live. Same as it doesn't have to be Earth Day to be eco-friendly; it doesn't have to be MLK Day to not judge people; it doesn't have to be the holiday season to be in the spirit of giving (both material and non-material things); and there doesn't have to be a marathon coming up to get in shape! There's an opportunity for that every second of the day, every day of your life. I think every change I've made in my life - what I eat, what I buy, what I support, what I choose to do and what not to do - were really spur-of-the-moment things after an accumulation of deep-thinking sessions during random times throughout the year. Time is a human implement anyway. It makes things nice and scheduled, sure, but it's quite good to just live in the now every so often. Just ask your horse, or dog, or cat, or anything that doesn't obsess over time like a human. Or Samoa. I mean, heck, Friday the 31st in the year 2011 technically never existed there, but it was a day like any other just called by a different date! A day doesn't have to dictate your life!

So this year: here's to good health, positive attitudes, and living in the moment! Because it's really only humans that know it's a new year, much less use the implement of time and years at all!

Gotta admire the critters for that, huh?

In the meantime, ring in the new year with an SNL funny!

1 comment:

  1. Words of such unincumbered wisdom are rare. To read them knowing who wrote them, composed them from such simple truths garnered from rational logic obtained from such limited lifetime experience; I am astounded. I envision greatness in your future. I am certain that you will continue to grow and influence positive change in all who are touched by your life. Many live their lives blinded to this obvious path to happiness, corrupted by selfishness, jealousy, and greed (usually before they have even reached adulthood). Your insight in life continues to inspire me to be better at everything I do. We may never meet, But know that many of your words have let me know the best parts of you.
    Thank you, Happy New Year, and I pray that your inspirations lead you to further greatness.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated and, most importantly, Greta loves you for commenting ♥

Thanks guys!