Saturday, September 4, 2010

Henry V. Horse

"He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts." ~ William Shakespeare, Henry V

"When I bestride him, I soar, I am a hawk: he trots the air; the earth sings when he touches it; the basest horn of his hoof is more musical than the pipe of Hermes." ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Perhaps these are all in the same scene, I have not read Henry V yet in English class and I dare not read it without the aid of the class and teacher, not that Shakespeare is normally a challenge - I read A Midsummer Night's Dream (adored it), Romeo and Juliet (that story has always made me nervous due to all that miscommunication, but I am all for Westside Story!), Macbeth (interesting and not a bad read), and I could've sworn I've read another but I cannot remember it - but I hear Henry V is supposed to be a doozy as is Hamlet, which we also will be reading. But so far I have noticed that ol' Will really liked ponies when writing Henry V. I like them, too, Shakespeare.

I've always liked Shakespeare. I also liked Captain Shakespeare in Stardust. And what horse-lover doesn't like Shakespeare RSF, winner of the most recent and the United States' first 70-day Stallion Test? That's a Shakespeare we can all get used to! I know Greta was crushing when she saw his pin-up (well, it was really just a Warmbloods Today cover).

Photo from BarbaraPaul.com via Google Images Search :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated and, most importantly, Greta loves you for commenting ♥

Thanks guys!